Services

A Gull Walks Into A Store in Jersey

A gull walks into a store - but it's not the start of a joke. It's a Jersey gull and the store is in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. My cousin - a Shore lover - emailed it to me.

This one is into stealing Doritos from a convenience store. Walks in, checks on the manager, grabs the snack-size bag of chips and leaves.

I'm told that he (OK, it might be she, but I'm thinking it's a guy gull) rips it open and does share with his buddies.

He's become a regular. Same chips. The manager supposedly thinks it's okay because people are coming to watch and that draws customers.

'This is New Jersey, and if that seagull starts to grab a 6-pack of 'Bud' to go along with the Doritos, I may have to put a stop to it,' says the manager.

Classic Jersey shore.

Except that it actually happened in Scotland.

Yeah, I had to do a fact check (it's just in me) and Snopes says that it's another commonly passed-around urban legend. They even have some video of the real gull on their site.

I want it to be Jersey true. Can't we train some gull to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment