Services

My Male Brain

Dr. Louann Brizendine had a bestseller with The Female Brain and now she has written the logical sequel that tries to demystify the male brain.

Now at UCSF, Dr. Brizendine pursues active clinical, teaching, writing and research activities, and founded the Women’s Mood and Hormone Clinic.

She says that the male brain, through every phase of life, has a "male reality" that is fundamentally different from the female one.

Let's see a show of hands - who is surprised by that?

In The Male Brain we learn:
  • My brain is a problem-solving machine that when faced with a personal problem, will use my analytical brain structures, not my emotional ones, to find a solution.
  • My brain loves competition, instinctively plays rough and is obsessed with rank and hierarchy.
  • My brain has an area for sexual pursuit that is 2.5 times larger than the female brain (see rank & hierarchy!) and that it consumes me with sexual fantasies about female body parts.
I had such a massive increase in testosterone at puberty that I even perceived others' faces as being more aggressive. (see http://www.teenbrainpower.com)


http://www.louannbrizendine.com














No comments:

Post a Comment