Services

On Campus

My four years living on campus are some of my favorite years. I loved campus life. I loved the constant motion and all the activities around me. I loved it when everyone went home and I had the campus "to myself." I liked the changing seasons.

Statue of William of Orange, known as Willie the Silent - Rutgers, New Brunswick, NJ

Later in my life, I liked teaching on college campuses. Walking the campus, even smaller and very urban campuses like NJIT and PCCC, and being among all the young people at the start of the new semester and year is a kind of fountain of youth.

Eberhardt Hall - NJIT
I have thought about retiring to a college town. Nearby Princeton is very nice (and expensive). I quite enjoyed some time that I spent in Chapel Hill (UNC) and Charlottesville (UVA).

There is a website, UniversityRooms.com, that shows availability in over 400 university colleges and student residences in over 100 cities around the world. They fill rooms during the academic year and during summer vacation that would otherwise be empty. Unfortunately, I found only only two U.S. universities listed. Outside the U.S., the opportunities are better. There were 3 listed cities just for Austria.


No comments:

Post a Comment